LAKE MURRAY VACATION RENTALS LLC
Please read the agreement below and click the "I AGREE" at the end to start the reservation process. You must be at least 25 years or older in order to book a rental property. By clicking the "I Agree" button you confirm that you have read the rental agreement (this constitutes an electronic signature) and once payment is made this contract becomes binding. We will contact you about payment once the submission is received. Each home is privately owned and this rental agreement is for the protection of their property and the neighborhood along with your safety.
2. CHECK-IN TIME IS 4:00 PM - We make every effort to have the premises ready for Guest occupancy at check-in time, but Agent cannot guarantee the exact time of occupancy. (When possible, the agent may approve an early check-in for a fee equal to 20% of the peak season daily rate.)
3. CHECK-OUT TIME IS 10:00 AM - This is strictly enforced so that Agent has adequate time to prepare the property for the next guest. (When possible, the agent may approve an extended checkout for a fee equal to 20% of the peak season daily rate. Agent must be called 18 hours prior to checkout for any late checkout approval.) Leaving a voice mail message is not considered an approval.
4. RESERVATION REQUIREMENTS - 50% of the total rental fee required in advance to hold reservation. There is a 2 night minimum reservation period, Holidays and Summer Season may require more. Balance is due 14 days before arrival. Agent does no accept checks on reservations made less than 14 days before arrival. Please reference reservation dates and property number when sending check or money order. Upon receipt of deposit; confirmation and directions to the vacation house will be mailed, faxed or emailed to Guest.
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT – A security deposit of $200 or $300 will be charged to each reservation unless you choose to accept the Accidental Damage Waiver (*) program . Security deposits will be returned by either by check or credit card to the discretion of LMVR within 30 days of your departure provided that you checkout by 10:00 AM and there is no breakage or damage to the premises and or contents, outstanding long distance telephone charges or cleaning costs other than those normally incurred in connection with the occupancy of the premises. Having to clean carpets is not customary and may be deducted from the deposit. Guest(s) acknowledges Agent(s) authority to deduct for damages to the unit occupied by the Guest(s) and/or his/her Guest(s). Each Guest will be financially responsible for damage done to the property beyond normal wear and tear. If there is damage to a property or it's property within, after the Guest(s) departure, the Guest will be notified of any excessive cleaning needed or damages made and the amount will be deducted from the security deposit. Agent will pursue collection to the fullest extent. Guest(s) will be responsible for any damage caused by guest(s), guest(s) family and guest(s) invitees. All security deposits and rental payments will be held in a trust account which is or may be, interest bearing. Any interest earned will be applied to cover banking and credit card fees.
6. CANCELLATION - A $45.00 administration fee is assessed for all cancellations along with the prepaid reservation fee of $25. However, if Guest(s) cancel less than thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date in a rental cabin or house, Guest(s) advance payment will be forfeited unless the property is re-rented for the same time period. No cash refunds are given. ( For a refund of Money, cancellation must be in writing 30 days for all properties prior to arrival date, less a $45.00 administration fee per property and reservation fee of $25). Paid security deposits are fully refunded if you cancel within 30 days.
7. RESERVATION CHANGE FEE - All reservations that need date and or property changes are subject to a non-refundable $30.00 rescheduling fee per change . All changes must be done prior to cancellation period expiration. You must make changes thirty (30) days or more prior to your arrival date.
8. NO SHOW POLICY - The total amount of the reservation period will be charged.
9. RETURNED CHECKS - A $35.00 service charge will be incurred for any returned checks.
10. CONFIRMATION - Confirmation of the reservation will be mailed, faxed, or emailed to Guest(s) upon receipt of the reservation advance payment. Please read the confirmation for accuracy of dates, mailing address, number of pets, number of adults and or children and accommodations. Any errors must be directed to the reservations department within seven days of mailing. Pay close attention to the number of persons (Adults/Children) and any pets on the confirmation and lease! Occupancy whether overnight or for a few hours is restricted by the limits set for each house. In the event that more people occupy the home at any one time than are on the lease, your security deposit will be forfeited.
11. KEYS - A key code will be issued prior to your arrival date. You will be given the location of a key lock box along with the code. The key in the lock box is to remain in the lock box at all times when not being used. An additional set of keys will be in the house for you to use during your stay. On your departure, please leave that set of keys in the house. There will be a $150.00 charge for lost keys and $75.00 for keys not returned to the lock box.
12. SATELLITE/CABLE TELEVISION - All properties are privately owned and have different subscription packages for cable and/or satellite. Agent(s) does not guarantee any programs or events. Agent(s) are not responsible for outages of service.
13. PHONE CALLS - Most properties are equipped with a telephone with a long distance block. Guests agree to make all long distance calls with a calling card. If Guest(s) charges long distance phone calls to Owner's phone, Guest(s) will be liable for said charges plus a charge of $5.00 per call.
14. FIREWOOD – Some rental properties are not provided with firewood. It can be obtained from local markets at reasonable rates.
15. SMOKING - Smoking is not permitted inside. Outside smoking is permitted but please do not litter. Failure to obey this rule will result in loss of security deposit and/or charge to credit card.
16. PETS - You acknowledge that NO PETS are allowed in or on the premises unless Agent(s) has expressly authorized such. Some homes allow pets. The pet fee is $75.00 per pet. Pet limits and sizes vary by house. Please be sure that pets have been treated for fleas before bringing them. Any complaint about fleas with in 10 days of departure will require a minimum charge of $100.00 for flea treatment for the house. Our No Pet homes do not allow pets anywhere on or about the premises. IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE A PET AND IT IS NOT LISTED ON THE LEASE, THE UNAUTHORIZED OCCUPANCY OF PETS WHERE OR WHERE NOT PROHIBITED WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE EVICTION AND LOSS OF ALL RENTS AND SECURITY DEPOSITS. Prior permission must be granted. Specific rules must be followed. An additional pet deposit may be required. PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON FURNITURE OR BEDDING.
17. HOMES ~ FURNISHINGS ~ EQUIPMENT ~ ETC. - All homes are privately owned and the property is furnished and equipped by its owner. As such, Agent(s) cannot make any changes to the furnishings or equipment provided by the owner. Decor, style, and color will vary. Furnishings are subject to change without notice. Under no circumstances are furniture, bedding, mattress pads, utensils or any other property supplied with the rental property to be taken out or transferred from one property to another. If Guest requires special appliances or equipment, please bring them with you or call the office for assistance. Certain areas in each rental property are locked for the owners personal storage and are not included in this rental. In the event a billards table is moved a fee of $125 will be incurred to reset and relevel plus any additional fee's for damages.
18. LINENS - A basic supply of linens are provided in each property. One set for each person as set by the maximum allowed at that property. Bed linens and bath towels are not changed during your stay. The startup set of bath, dish and laundry soap, toilet tissue and trash bags are not replenished. You may want to bring your own beach towels for use on the docks and decks.
19. FOR HOMES WITH HOT TUBS
20. LISTINGS & PRICING - Information regarding individual listings is believed accurate but cannot be guaranteed. We have made every effort to ensure that all the information on Agent(s) website is current and accurate. The possibility of errors and omissions exists. We will be happy to confirm all data contained herein or answer any questions you may have prior to booking your reservation. Rates, furnishings, fees, and taxes are subject to change without notice. Rates are based on a limit of over night Guest. An extra Guest charge of $25.00 per person (not per night) apply. Rates for holidays, special events, and weekends may be higher. Rates do include tax and cleaning fees and are subject to change. Most of our properties can be rented with a two-night minimum during the Fall, Winter and Spring seasons. One night rentals will have an additional $45.00 service fee.
22. CHECK OUT PROCEDURES - The following items must be complied with before check out or Guest(s) shall forfeit his/her security deposit:
23. REPAIRS ~ SERVICE CALLS~ REFUNDS – Agent(s) cannot guarantee against mechanical failure of heating, air conditioning, hot tubs, TVs, satellite receivers, VCRs, or other appliances. Please report any inoperative equipment to our office immediately. Agent will make every reasonable effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently or move Guest(s) to a different property if possible. Should a repair person make a call to a unit and find that the equipment is in working order and the problem was due to the Guest(s) oversight or neglect, the charge for service will be the Guest(s) responsibility. No refunds or rent reductions will be made due to failure of appliances or equipment. All maintenance requests must be reported to the office between 9 AM and 5 PM. (Agent(s) answers the phone 24 hrs 7 days a week. PLEASE do not put off notifying us immediately as it could hinder us getting the repair done quickly!). Guest(s) understands and agrees that Agent(s) may enter the rental property at any time for the purpose of making needed repairs.
24. TERMINATION BY OWNER/SUBSTITUTIONS – Agent(s) strives to comply with all reservation requests for specific vacation properties. However, due to ownership changes, properties being removed from rental use, mechanical problems, or other unforeseen circumstances, Agent(s) cannot absolutely guarantee a specific rental property. Agent(s) reserve the right to change assignments without notice or liability should the unit or property become unavailable. When comparable accommodations are not available, Guest(s) will have the option of selecting from available properties at the published rate or receiving a complete refund of their reservation deposit. Where there is no advanced deposit and no substitution can be made, Agent(s) will attempt to give as much notice as possible so other arrangements can be made.
25. HOUSE PARTIES & GUESTS – HOUSE PARTIES ARE NOT ALLOWED! Guest(s) agree that more than the number of people stated on the lease shall not occupy the premises at any time. If the unit or property is occupied by more than the number of people stated, it will result in loss of total rent, security deposit and/or additional charge to credit card. Occupancy in use of premises shall not be such as to disturb or offend neighbors. The use of tents and campers of any sort are prohibited on any rental property. The use of firearms, or fireworks is strictly prohibited. Guest(s) certify that they have read carefully the limitations placed on the number of persons permitted to occupy the premises, and agree to abide by such limitations: if not, Guest(s) will be asked to vacate the property which will result in loss of total rental and security deposits with no refund. If you are having guest over for the day, it must be approved by the Agent. There are limits as to how many people may visit a property during the day or night. (Strictly enforced)
26. RIGHT OF ENTRY - Guest(s) agree that the Agent(s) reserves the right to enter the rental property anytime to investigate disturbances, check occupancy, check for damage, to make such repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as Agent(s) may deem appropriate.
27. LOST & FOUND - You should check all drawers, closets and under beds prior to check out for your personal belongings. If any item is left behind and found by the cleaning service or management, it will be brought to our office. We will attempt to contact you about the found item and the item can be packaged and returned to you with applicable shipping charges and a $15.00 handling fee. All items not claimed with-in 30 days will be donated to a non profit charity.
28. INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS – Guest(s) agree to indemnify and save harmless the Owner and Agent(s) for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Guest(s) use and occupancy of the rental property including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by Guest(s).
29. CREDIT CARD - (When used) I (Leasee) am providing my credit card number as a guarantee. I agree to pay all rent and/or any outstanding long distance phone charges, accept all terms of the lease agreement and accept all liability for any damage beyond normal wear and tear during the term of my lease with LAKE MURRAY VACATION RENTALS LLC. If I fail to do so, I understand that these costs will be charged to my credit card and all credit card sales are final!
BY CLICKING THE "I AGREE" BUTTON BELOW, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ, AGREED AND UNDERSTOOD THE RENTAL AGREEMENT POSTED ON THIS WEBSITE UPDATED 05/15/2013. This will constitute an electronic signature for this rental