Accidental Damage Legal Explanation
Protection Plan Limited Waiver
Terms of Waiver
As an enrollee under this plan, staying at a property ("the Property") rented to you by Lake Murray Vacation Rentals ("the Company"), you will not be obligated to pay, subject to the conditions referred to below, for damage to covered real or personal property of the owner of the property that is occupied by you the Enrollee. If the Enrollee purchases this plan, the Company waives the right to charge the Enrollee for reported damages to the property as a result of your inadvertent acts during the duration of the Stay.
The maximum limit of this waiver of liability is $1000 aggregate per stay.
The Accidental Damage Protection plan has certain conditions. The plan will not waive your liability for damage resulting from:
- Acts of God, as a result of fire, flood, or other natural disasters(this clause is applicable to home owners only);
- Intentional Acts, and omissions by a Enrollee and/or their guests. When the consequences to the Property could have been foreseen by a reasonable person including additional cleaning and/or maintenance resulting from abuse and/or neglect.
- Gross Negligence which, for the purposes of This Agreement, shall be defined as an act by a Enrollee and/or their guests in reckless or willful disregard as to the consequences to the Property including loss or damage by animals; *
- Any cause, if the Enrollee does not report the damage immediately to Company staff prior to checking out of the home;
- Normal wear and tear (this clause is applicable to home owners only);
- Future loss of rental income* (this clause is applicable to home owners only);
- Loss or Damage for Enrollee Damages in excess of The Damage Coverage Amount. (*)
- Theft of items not reported (Theft requires both a police report and a report to Company staff as well).
- Check out procedures not followed
- Lost or stolen keys and keys not returned to the lock box.
11. Coverage does not apply for theft or damage of any property owned by or brought on to the premises by an Enrollee.
(*)In The event of loss or damage to the vacation accommodation caused by such acts or omissions by Enrollees and/or their invitee's, you will be entirely liable for such damages. Any of the aforementioned issues or damages may be debited from the credit card submitted by you to the Company.
A registered guest shown on the property rental agreement, who have elected to purchase the Accidental Damage Protection plan and have paid the required plan cost.
Stay: The stay at a vacation home from the date of Enrollee check-in to the date of check-out.
All waivers of damage will be administered by Company staff at the property. Such staff will have the sole authority to determine the nature and extent of damages, necessary repairs and eligibility for the waiver of liability described herein. The Enrollee must report with a phone call to the Company staff with personal contact (voicemail message are not accepted, Enrollee must speak to a representative) any theft or damage to the unit or its contents to staff by the time of checkout or any otherwise applicable damage waiver for such Enrollee will be void. The Company manager has ultimate claim administration authority. In the event of any dispute relating to this waiver the Company may require such dispute be submitted to binding arbitration.
TERMS OF COVERAGE
The plan takes effect upon check in to a vacation home together with payment of the plan cost before check-in. The first of your part to arrive at the house must call the office to check in. A voice mail message is acceptable for check in.
All coverage shall terminate upon normal check out time or the departure of the Enrollee, whichever occurs first.
PROTECTION PLAN FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
IMPORTANT NOTE: Payments for the Accidental Damage Protection plan will not be accepted after the guest has entered the unit for the beginning of their stay.
IF YOU ACCEPT THIS PROTECTION PLAN, THIS DOCUMENT BECOMES PART OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT