LAKE MURRAY VACATION RENTALS, LLC
You must be at least 25 years or older to book a rental property. By agreeing to the terms and conditions, you confirm that you have read the rental agreement (this constitutes an electronic signature) and once payment is made this contract becomes binding. Each home is privately owned, and this rental agreement is for the protection of their property and the neighborhood, along with your safety.
1. AGENCY DISCLOSURE – Lake Murray Vacation Rentals, LLC serves as the Agent & representative of>all owners of vacation properties in its rental program, and is acting always, in and for the best interests of the owners.
2. PETS – You acknowledge that NO PETS are allowed in or on the premises unless Agent(s) has expressly authorized such. Some homes allow pets. The pet fee is $75.00 per pet. Pet limits and sizes vary by house. Please be sure that pets have been treated for fleas before bringing them. Any complaint about fleas within 10 days of departure will require a minimum charge of $100.00 for flea treatment for the house. Our "No Pet” homes do not allow pets anywhere on or about the premises. IMPORTANT: IF YOU HAVE A PET AND IT IS NOT LISTED ON THE LEASE, THE UNAUTHORIZED OCCUPANCY OF PETS, WHERE OR WHERE NOT PROHIBITED, CAN RESULT IN IMMEDIATE EVICTION AND LOSS OF ALL RETNS AND SECURITY DEPOSITS. Prior permission must be granted. Any unauthorized pets will result in a $500 credit card charge of what would have been your security deposit. Specific rules must be followed. An additional pet fee may be required. PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED ON FURNITURE OR BEDDING.
Guests booking through VRBO will be charged after the reservation is made for pets, as there is no option to charge for pets at the time of booking through VRBO. Guests booking through VRBO with pets agree to this additional charge upon signing this agreement and checkout. Please contact the office at 803-233-2888 to add pets.
3. HOUSE PARTIES & GUESTS – HOUSE PARTIES ARE NOT ALLOWED!! Guest(s) agree that more than the number of people stated on the lease shall not occupy the premises at any time. If the unit or property is occupied by more than the number of people stated, it will result in loss of total rent, security deposit and/or additional charge to credit card. Any unauthorized Guests will result in a $500 credit card charge of what would have been your security deposit if the damage waiver was selected instead of the damage deposit. Occupancy in use of premises shall not be such as to disturb or offend neighbors. The use of tents and campers of any sort are prohibited on any rental property. The use of firearms or fireworks is strictly prohibited. Guest(s) certify that they have read carefully the limitations placed on the number of persons permitted to occupy the premises, and agree to abide by such limitations: if not, Guest(s) will be asked to vacate the property, which will result in loss of total rental and security deposits with no refund, or $500 charge if the damage waiver was selected instead of the damage deposit. If you are having Guest(s) over for the day, it must be approved the Agent. There are limits as to how many people may visit a property during the day or night. (Strictly Enforced) Guests under the age of 3 are omitted from the total Guest count.
4. CHECK-IN TIME IS 4:00 PM – We make every effort to have the premises ready for Guest occupancy at check-in time, but Agent cannot guarantee the exact time of occupancy. (When possible, the Agent may approve an early check-in for a fee equal to 20% of the peak season daily rate.) Please call the office within 24 hours of arrival to request. 803-233-2888.
5. CHECK-OUT TIME IS 10:00 AM – This is strictly enforced so that Agent has adequate time to prepare the property for the next Guest. (When possible, the Agent may approve an extended checkout for a fee equal to 20% of the peak season daily rate. Agent must be called 18 hours prior to checkout for any late checkout approval.) Leaving a voice mail message is not considered an approval. 803-233-2888.
6. RESERVATION REQUIREMENTS – Fifty percent of the total rental fee is required in advance to hold reservation. There will be a 4% processing fee charged to each reservation to cover various fees associated with reservation processing. There is a 2-night minimum reservation period; Holidays and Summer Season may require a longer reservation period. Balance is due 14 days before arrival. If the balance is not paid by Guest, the charge will be automatically made using the most recent card on file, as soon as the payment comes due. Agent does not accept checks on reservations mad less than 14 days before arrival. Please reference reservation dates and property name when sending check or money order. Upon receipt of deposit; confirmation and directions to the vacation house will be emailed to Guest.
7. SECURITY DEPOSIT – An accidental damage waiver of $49.00 will be charged unless you choose to accept the $500.00 refundable security deposit. Security deposits will be returned within 30 days of your departure using the same means it was paid, providing that you check out by 10:00 AM and there is no breakage or damage to the premises and/or contents, or cleaning costs, other than those normally incurred in connection with the occupancy of the premises.Having to clean carpets is not customary and may be deducted from the deposit. Guest(s) acknowledge Agent’s authority to deduct for damage to the unit occupied by the Guest(s) and/or their Guest(s). Each Guest will be financially responsible for damage done to the property beyond normal wear and tear. If there is damage to a property or it’s property within, after the Guest(s) departure, the Guest will be notified of any excessive cleaning needed, or damage made, and the amount will be deducted from the security deposit. Agent will pursue collection to the fullest extent. Guest(s) will be responsible for any damage caused by Guest(s), Guest(s) family and Guest(s) invitees. All security deposits and rental payment will be held in a trust account which is, or may be, interest bearing. Any interest earned will be applied to cover banking and credit card fees.
8. CANCELLATION – A $75.00 administration fee is assessed for all cancellations. However, if Guests(s) cancel less than thirty (30) days prior to the arrival date in a rental cabin or house, Guest(s) would be liable for full payment, unless the property is re-rented for the same time period. No cash refunds are given. (For a refund of Money, cancellation must be in writing 30 days for all properties prior to arrival date, less at $75.00 administration fee per property). Cleaning fees, damage deposits, or damage waiver, will be refunded from cancelled reservations paid in full. SEND REQUESTS IN WRITING TO: Lake Murray Vacation Rentals; 2805 Hwy 378, Gilbert, SC 29054 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
9. RESERVATION CHANGE FEE – All reservations that need date and/or property changes, are subject to a non-refundable $30.00 rescheduling fee per change. All changes must be done prior to cancellation period expiration. You must make changes thirty (30) days or more prior to your arrival date.
10. NO SHOW POLICY – The total amount of the reservation period will be charged.
11. RETURNED CHECKS – A $35.00 service charge will be incurred for any returned checks.
12. CONFIRMATION – Confirmation of the reservation will be emailed to Guest(s) upon receipt of the reservation advance payment. Please read the confirmation for accuracy of dates, mailing address, number of pets, number of adults and/or children (above the age of 3 years) and accommodations. Any errors must be directed to the reservation department within seven (7) days of mailing. Pay close attention to the number of persons (adults/children) and any pets on the confirmation and lease. Occupancy, whether overnight or for a few hours, is restricted by the limits set for each house. In the event that more people occupy the home, at any one time, than are listed on the lease, your security deposit will be forfeited, or a charge added up to $500.
13. KEYS – A key code will be issued prior to your arrival date. You will be given the location of a key lock box along with the code. The key in the lock box is to remain in the lock box at all times when not being used. An additional set of keys will be in the house for you to use during your stay. On your departure, please leave that set of keys in the house. There will be a $150.00 charge for lost keys and $75.00 for keys not returned to the lock box.
14. SATELLITE/CABLE TELEVISION – All properties are privately owned and have different subscription package for cable and/or satellite. Agent(s) does not guarantee any programs or events. Agent(s) are not responsible for outages of service.
15. FIREWOOD – Most rental properties are not provided with firewood. Firewood can be obtained from local markets at reasonable rates.
16. SMOKING – Smoking is not permitted inside. Outside smoking is permitted, but please do not litter. Failure to obey this rule will result in loss of security deposit and/or charge to your credit card on file.
17. HOMES – FURNISHINGS – EQUIPMENT – ETC. – All homes are privately owned, and the property is furnished and equipped by its owner. As such, Agent(s) cannot make any changes to the furnishings or equipment provided by the owner. Décor, style and color will vary. Furnishings are subject to change without notice. Under no circumstance is furniture, bedding, mattress pads, utensils or any other property supplied with the rental property to be taken out or transferred from one property to another. If Guest requires special appliances or equipment, please bring them with you or call the office for assistance. Certain areas in each rental property are locked for the owner’s personal storage and are not included in this rental. In the event a billiards table is moved, a fee of $125 will be incurred to reset and re-level, plus any additional fees for damages.
18. LINENS – A basic supply of linens is provided in each property. One set for each person, as set by the maximum allowed at that property. Bed linens and bath towels are not changed during your stay. The startup set of bath, dish and laundry soap, toilet tissue and trash bags are not replenished. You may want to bring your own beach towels for use on the docks and decks. Damage to mattresses and linens including; towels, mattress pads, sheets, bedspreads, blankets resulting from the use of body oils, make-up, shoe-polish, etc., will result in a charge for the special cleaning, repair, or replacement of the damaged article.
19. FOR HOMES WITH HOT TUBS – Keep your spa water temperature no higher than 102° degrees F. Higher temperatures can place undue strain on the cardiovascular system. Be sure to accurately monitor the temperature.Persons with diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or other cardiovascular conditions should consult their physicians before using a spa.Always shower first to reduce the likelihood of contaminating the spa water and minimize health risks.Never enter a spa with the same bathing suit that has been in the lake. The lake water will contaminate the spa water and you may be charged to drain the spa and for extra cleaning ($125).Never add any type of soap to the spa. This will contaminate the water and you will be charged to drain the spa and for extra cleaning ($125).Persons with open sores or any type of infection should not use the spa. The hot water is an ideal environment for spreading infection, especially if sanitizer levels are not property maintained.Limit your soak time to no more than 15 minutes at a time. Cool off, then re-enter if you like. Never drink alcoholic beverages before or during spa use. Alcohol can make you drowsy and lead to drowning. Anyone taking medication should consult their physician before using a spa.Children must not be permitted to use the spa without adult supervision.Women who are pregnant should consult their physician before using a spa.People with long hair must tie it up to prevent the hair from being pulled into the filter and drain.Handrails and non-slip surfaces will help to minimize the risk of slipping and falling.Never use any kind of electrical appliance or device while using the spa.Never use your spa during severe weather conditions (i.e. electrical storms, tornadoes, etc.)Never jump or dive into a spa or hot tub. Climb in carefully using the safety devices provided.Insist on safe use of the spa and all its equipment.No horseplay. You are using the spa at your own risk.
20. LISTINGS & PRICINGS – Information regarding individual listings is believed accurate, but cannot be guaranteed. We have made every effort to ensure that all the information on Agent’s website is current and accurate. The possibility of errors and omissions exists. We will be happy to confirm all data contained herein or answer any questions you may have prior to booking your reservation. Rates, furnishings, fees, and taxes are subject to change without notice. Rates are based on a limit of overnight Guest. An extra Guest charge of $5.00 per person, per night will apply. Rates for holidays, special events, and weekends may be higher. Rates do include tax and cleaning fees and are subject to change. Most of our properties can be rented with a two-night minimum during the Fall, Winter, and Spring seasons.
21. CLEANING REQUIREMENTS – Guest(s) are required to leave the property in the same general condition it was when Guest(s) arrived. Dishes should be cleaned and put away. The beds should be striped of the flat and fitted sheets and piled in the bathroom floor with the towels. Please do not make the beds on your departure date. The refrigerator should be empty and cleaned. All trash, including used bar soaps, should be bagged and placed in the outside trash container. Agent(s) will dust, vacuum, and sanitize the house. Agent will clean all towels and linens upon your departure. If additional cleaning is required, including carpets, appropriate charges will be deducted form your security deposit. If you opted for the damage waiver, you agree to charges that will be applied to your credit card. Maid service rates are based on $35.00 per hour. There is a $90 minimum charge on carpet cleaning. Guest(s) are responsible for any damage, abuse, excessive cleanup requirements, or loss caused by any member of Guest(s) party, to the property or its contents during Guest(s) occupancy. Inspectors walk through each property after checkout to ensure the property is left in good order. Agent(s) will make that final determination of the necessity of any charges to Guest(s). Maid service and other cleaning arrangements during your stay are available for an additional fee.
22. CHECK OUT PROCEDURES – The following items must be complied with before checkout or Guest(s) may forfeit their security deposit, or incur a charge up to $500.
- Dishes, pots, pans, silverware and utensils must be washed; dried and put away. (Do not leave in dishwasher) and the stove/oven shall be left in a clean condition.
- Refrigerator should be left clean and free of food.
- Windows and doors must be left closed and locked with the air conditioner on 78° or heat on 55°, depending on the season.
- All trash put in outside garbage cans and it must be bagged.
- All litter, cigarette butts and pet waste must be picked up from the yard, front and back, and placed in the outside garbage cans, tied securely in trash bags.
- Bed sheets should be stripped and placed on the bathroom floor with the towels.
- Ensure lockbox key is in the lockbox and the house key returned to where it was found.
- Property should be left neat and in order (same condition it was when Guest(s) arrived, with exception to maid service duties listed in section 21
- Checkout time is 10:00 AM
23. REPAIRS – SERVICE CALLS – REFUNDS – Agents cannot guarantee against mechanical failure of heating, air conditioning, hot tubs, TVs satellite receivers, DVD’s or other appliances. Please report any inoperative equipment to our office immediately. Agent will make every reasonable effort to have repairs done quickly and efficiently or move Guest(s) to a different property if possible. Should a repair person make a call to a unit and find that the equipment is in working order and the problem was due to the Guest(s) oversight or neglect, the charge for service will be the Guest(s) responsibility. No refunds or rent reductions will be made due to failure of appliance or equipment. All maintenance requests must be reported to the office between 9 am and 5 pm. Agent(s) answer the phone 24 hours / 7 days a week. PLEASE do not put off notifying us immediately as it could hinder us from getting the repair done quickly. Guest(s) understand and agree that Agent(s) may enter the rental property at any time for the purpose of making needed repairs and with proper notice.
24. TERMINATION BY OWNERS/SUBSTITUTIONS – Agent(s) strive to comply with all reservation requests for specific vacation properties. However, due to ownership changes, properties being removed from rental use, mechanical problems, or other unforeseen circumstances, Agent(s) cannot absolutely guarantee a specific rental property. Agent(s) reserve the right to change assignments without notice or liability should the unit or property become unavailable. When comparable accommodations are not available, Guest(s) will have the option of selecting from available properties at the published rate or receive a complete refund of their unused reservation deposit. Where there is no advanced deposit and no substitution can be made, Agent(s) will attempt to give as much notice as possible so other arrangements can be made.RIGHT OF ENTRY – Guest(s) agree that, with the Guest(s) knowledge, the Agent(s) reserve the right to enter the rental property anytime to investigate disturbances, check occupancy, check for damage, or to make such repairs, alterations, or improvements thereto as Agent(s) may deem appropriate.
25. LOST & FOUND – You should check all drawers, closets and under beds prior to check out, for your personal belongings. If any items are left behind and found by the cleaning service or management, they will be brought to our office. We will attempt to contact you regarding the found item and the item can be packaged and returned to you with applicable shipping charges and a $15.00 handling fee. All items not claimed within 30 days will be donated to a nonprofit charity.
26. INDEMNIFICATION AND HOLD HARMLESS – Guest(s) agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Owner and Agent(s) for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from, or related to, any claim or litigation which may arise out of or relating to Guest’s use and occupancy of the rental property. This is including, but not limited to, any claim or liability for personal injury or damage or theft of property, which is made, incurred, or sustained by Guest(s).
27. CREDIT CARD – (if applicable) I, (Lessee), am providing my credit card number as a guarantee. I agree to pay all rent, accept all terms of the lease agreement and accept all liability for any damage beyond normal wear and tear during the term of my lease with LAKE MURRAY VACATION RENTALS, LLC. If I fail to do so, I understand that these costs will be charged to my credit card. Any damages will be documented, and Guest will be notified of charges.12/31/2017